Hi Nancy,

I used to give Ember plain (not spiced for pies) canned pumpkin when she had
diarrhea. She would eat it on its own out of a bowl, though I think most people
mix it with wet food. Pumpkin is gentle and can firm up things a bit.

Ember periodically had diarrhea, though it was only two or three times a year.
Along with pumpkin, I would also fast her for 12-18 hours, and that would give
her system time to get back on track. Just be very careful with the fasting. 18
hours might have been a bit too long, though neither Ember (nor her liver) ever
showed any signs for the worse from it.

Best to you and Kit,

Lance