Very clever! The never-ending ingenuity of determined pet parents such as yourself is amazing!

Marsha

On 5/20/2016 5:28 AM, Margo wrote:
My "Go To" to get meds in a cat involve a high back upholstered chair, or a screen door.
The goal is to "hang" the cat by his/her front feet. Hold the cat up to the door at
shoulder hieght so that they attach their front claws. Move to the right side of the cat (if you're
right-handed). Let them sink until the legs are extended and the cat's head is at a good level for
you (don't let the get their back legs under them). Let go of the cat, use your left hand to  tilt
the head back and open the mouth, and the right to hold down the lower jaw and either administer
the liquid across the tongue, or get the pill way down the throat.

It sounds more complicated than it is. Try it when you're NOT trying to
medicate, and you may find it could  be helpful. I have had cats that the
harder you try, the harder they fight, and the tighter they clench their teeth.
This is basically non-restraint, and it's confusing enough to catch them off
guard. It also keeps those claws occupied...

HTH

Margo