Plus cows' milk is now pumped full of antibiotics, pesticides (and who knows what all else since they feed them chicken poop) and unnatural, even human growth hormones to make them grow faster than normal.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Just as with some people, the casein protein in cows milk can be difficult
for cats to digest, but if your cats are able to drink cow's milk and it doesn't
upset their GI tract and they seem to like it, giving them a small amount
should not present a huge problem. But keep in mind that the biological function
of cow's milk is turn a calf into a cow, which means putting several hundred
pounds on the animal in its first six months of life and it's chock full of
natural growth hormones, fat, protein and other food factors to accomplish that.
In both cats and dogs, this overabundance of protein can react badly with
proteins in their bodies and bring on allergies or asthma. A better choice
would be goat's milk or soy milk. There are other and better sources of Vit. D,
as well. According to Dr. Martin Goldstein, it is advisable to strike milk!
from a cats's diet altogether..."My cats almost never get milk. They don't seem
to miss it, and I think they are fitter and healthier for not having it at
all." (The Nature of Animal Healing, pg. 70)

Sally in San Jose