I think most people can relate to not knowing. Times have
changed.
My one cat (Chewy) got out once, before this group started.

He was out once and apparently found a felv+ cat and had a fight.
Not knowing anything about felv 3 months later he started to have
trouble swallowing, got antibotics then 2 weeks later with the same
problems we tested and he was felv+.

The vet said to separate all the other 5 cats. I thought totally stupid
considering they for 3 or 4 months were together. The sister of
Chewy infact would groom him and he her and they licked tongue
to tongue. None of my cats were positive but I did vaccinate.
Chewy passed away not too long after.

Charmed was a foster who was positive his siblings were not. They
intermingled for a few months before I found out. None of them
developed the vius.

We also have a foster that has about 6 felv cats and 3 of them
have been health and fine for about 3 yrs. Not even a cold.

I truly think it has a lot to do with the strand of the virus.

Carla