While Dr. Billinghurst's first two books are more oriented to dogs, his third
book, The BARF Diet, also includes info and instructions for putting together
recipes for cats.

The website Holisticat.com is also a source of info on feeding cats a natural
diet and I printed out quite a bit of info from links on that list at one
time...will have to see if I can find that folder.

Both Dr. Eugene Pitcairn (Eugene, OR) Natural Health Care for Dogs and Cats
and Dr. Martin Goldstein (South Salem, New York) The Nature of Animal Healing
have sections in their books devoted to providing a healthy, naural diet for
pets.
Dr. Goldstein mentions in his book a vet, Dr. Ihor Basko (Hawaii), who has
developed a special diet for FeLV+ kittys.  There is an excellent Source Guide
in the back of Dr. G's book.  I recommend it highly.  I have another book, Four
Paws, Five Directions, by Dr. Sheryl Schwartz (San Francisco, CA) dealing
with TCM and accupuncture/accupressure for pets and there is a lot of info
there
about using different foods therapeutically...TCM classes foods as "warming,"
"cooling," and "neutral" with regard to how they affect the bodily processes
and "chi" or life force.

Sally in San Jose