ah, if you check back in the archives - he'd been hit very hard with the UTI symptoms - I caught it when I saw fresh blood all over his peeper and the surrounding fur....  They had to keep him all day to get a sterile sample - the first two they'd pulled had so much blood in them they looked like they'd been taken from veins - one even had a clot.  poor kitty:(  Anyway, we'd started him on antibiotics and antispasmotics that day and the next day I went back a got a few doses of buprenex (oral pain med--$8 a dose.... ouch) and then Thursday morning he was absolutely miserable when all the meds wore off at the same time and so the vet and I talked about med options that would get him through the weekend w/o a trip to the emergency vet and we figured the most effective for him, in terms of steady pain-control and cost-effective for his mommy would be the patch.  It worked like a charm - he was able to reach it and it did bother him a bit, but there was ! a nickel sized patch that really stayed stuck, so he dried it out:)

I believe we're giving him another patch Monday to help him through the first few days post-extraction.  Yes, Smoky has a sweet tooth just like his mommy and has a cavity (lesion) ....  <sigh>  of course, it's DADDY who feeds him muffins and cookies!!!  Hubby is such an enabler!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
good luck to Smokey on Monday...why the patch?

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?