In a message dated 2/5/2005 10:28:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Finally got a diagnosis of cerebella ataxia (can't remember what they call it now) He said she would never live a normal life & suggested euthanasia. But she was such an angel, thus her name, "Angel", we  decided to give her a chance at living. I am so glad we did.
Could it be Cerebellar hypoplasia?  I have one with it - Wobbly Bob.  Bobby was born in a barn on 11/17/96, is indoor only now, and has done very well.  She "falls" - more like slips and lands on her butt - every few steps, she topples sideways into things, and when she runs down the hall, she goes fairly straight, but her back end ends up trying to pass her front end by the end of the hall.  She's a normal sized cat and aside from the balance issue is very healthy.

There's another condition sometimes called "water on the brain" (Hydrocephalus).  With that one, the head is dome shaped, there's a soft spot on top of the head that should harden, but because of the brain being pushed up against the top of the skull, the bones don't join.  These guys frequently have eye deformities and only live about 6 months - although a few have lived longer.  I had a kitten with that also.  He was the first of his litter to open his eyes and the first to leave the nest, and start eating on his own.  I called him Flash because of it, then when he was about 4 or 5 weeks old, he was diagnosed and I changed his name to Blue Jacket (he was a gray and white bicolor shorthair - his gray looked like he was a white cat wearing a hooded blanket).  Sadly, he died at 7 weeks after he fell off the bed and hit his head (I saw he was going for the edge and I couldn't catch him before he went off the bed - then he started seizing from the head bump).

Where there's Life, there's Hope

Kathy

"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Catherine-