From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 9:51 AM
To: felvtalk@vlists.net
Subject: Re: Simon near death, please pray/send energy-- Kathy

He actually has not gotten up at all for at least 6 hours now, maybe more.
don't think he can. every once in a while he meows and moves his back legs a
little and my partner flips him over and he seems calm again.  I put rescue
remedy and benedry cream in his ears, don't know if that has helped. He
still
does not sleep much, sometimes has eyes almost but not quite closed and
inner
eyelid covering his pupils. His breathing is visible and audible, but still
closed-mouthed.  I have a tranquilizer shot that is for cats. I am not
supposed to
have it so do not want to post information about it.  2 units of it is
supposed to knock them out completely in an anesthesia-like fashion, though
their
eyes stay open and they retain the ability to swallow. My cat Josephine got
this
shot when she went into respiratory distress, but instead of calming her it
euthanized her, because she was so far along.

Do you think at this point I ought to give him a small amount of that shot?
It is an IM shot--can I give a small amount and then use it again later? Or
should I wait until he is meowing consistently or screaming or panting or
something? He lies very still for the most part. sometimes I think he is
sleeping but
am not sure.  he is only 4 years old.  I can not bear it.  I know that the
FeLV takes them young, but a few people on this list have had cats live to
6, 8,
even 10 or older, and I always hoped he would live that long and felt he
should since he was hardly ever sick.  And then this. I can not imagine a
world
without silly Simon.
Michelle