I wrote a response without reading your posting, based on other people's
actually considered low normal. If you do not have prior blood work on her, it
is
hard to know if that signifies anemia.  It certainly is not a
tranfusion-needing level-- they generally only do that if it is below 13.

However, Gary does sound sick, which could mean anemia or could mean
something else. I would take the info about anemia we have sent you and take
her to
the best vet you can find, which may or may not mean a board-certified
internist
at a large veterinary hospital.

Symptoms of anemia do include lethargy and inappetance, but can also, at more
serious levels, include licking at strange things like concrete, stone, or
dirt or ash, or even ice, and at very severe levels shortness of breath.  Their
gums and paw pads get pale, and if you raise their upper eyelid to look at the
white area above the eye, you will not see any pink blood vessels like on
other cats, or they will be paler pink.

Michelle