On 30 July 2015 at 12:18, Mikael Mortensen <mikael.morten...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Back from vacation and very pleased :-) to find that I can update my
> Fenics installation to version 1.6 in less than 10 minutes! Used to take at
> least a few days.
>
> Now I’m trying to upgrade my applications to 1.6 and I just found that
> some of the common preconditioners (jacobi, bjacobi, additive_schwarz) have
> gone missing. Any reason for this or is it a mistake? They seem to have
> disappeared recently from the map _methods_descr in PETScPreconditioner.cpp.

The code in question was a mess and the wrapping approach unsustainable,
which is why it was removed.

You can control the PETSc preconditioners via PETSc options. This gives you
far greater control, makes DOLFIN code simpler and provides greater
consistency when using PETSc solver.  There will be more changes in DOLFIN
1.7 to give greater control over preconditioning.

Garth