Dear all,

I plan to implement edge integral assembly in 3D in FEniCS. It is good for
a number of things, for example assembling the canoniacl projection for 3D
Nedelec edge elements. One issue is that there are more than 3 cells
intersecting at an edge in 3D. At the level of UFL, my design is to add,
   ds('m')     -  arbitrary choice of one of the cell values (min cell
index, for example)
   ds('avg')   -  average over all the adjacent cell values
   ds('jump')  -  sum over the jumps at all facets around the edge in the
right-handed direction (which happens to be the one I care about the most)

Suggestions, hints, and pointers to a good starting point in particular are
welcome~

Best regards,
​Larry
--