________________________________
From: fenics-boun...@fenicsproject.org [fenics-boun...@fenicsproject.org] on
behalf of Garth N. Wells [gn...@cam.ac.uk]
Sent: 10 November 2015 10:50
To: Anders Logg
Cc: fenics-supp...@fenicsproject.org; fenics@fenicsproject.org

On 9 November 2015 at 15:46, Anders Logg
<l...@chalmers.se<mailto:l...@chalmers.se>> wrote:
Dear all,

For a couple of weeks now we have had severe problems with users being
unsubscribed from our mailing lists due to excessive bouncing.

This seems to be related to users forwarding their email to Gmail, but rather
than putting a lot of effort into understand exactly what goes wrong - which
would involve a lot of fun experimentation with the configuration of mailman,
exim, postfix and the like on our server - we have come to the conclusion that
we should instead move our mailing lists to Google Groups (which is somewhat
ironic considering the circumstances)...

So: Our new preferred means of communication are the following two lists:

fenics-...@googlegroups.com<mailto:fenics-...@googlegroups.com>
fenics-supp...@googlegroups.com<mailto:fenics-supp...@googlegroups.com>

At some point in the future, we will close down the existing mailing lists on
fenicsproject.org<http://fenicsproject.org> and archive the old discussions.

Please try out the new mailing lists! Test mails encouraged. :-)

Any tips on how to subscribe to the new lists without a Google account?

Garth

--
Anders