Fergus Henderson wrote:
> [...] why is the Pool type polymorphic, and allocation in a pool
> restricted to only allocating values whose type matches the pool's
> type parameter?  It would be much nicer to support allocating
> different types in the same pool.

No deep reason, it was just a remnant of the module's history. I've
removed the type parameter from Pool's constructor. The updated module
and docs are already uploaded on haskell.org.

> The implementation at http://haskell.org/HOpenGL/PoolRFC/Pool.hs has
> obviously not been adequately tested, [...]

Uh-oh!  :-]  Fixed. Admittedly, I've only tested the some of the
non-array stuff...

Thanks for the lightning-fast reply (including the code review!),
   S.