Subject: cvs commit: fptools/libraries/base/Foreign/C Types.hs
fptools/libraries/base/System CPUTime.hsc Directory.hs Time.hsc
fptools/libraries/base/System/Posix Types.hs fptools/libraries/base/include CTypes.h
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:03:47 -0700
From: Sven Panne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

panne       2004/06/13 14:03:47 PDT

  Modified files:
    libraries/base/Foreign/C Types.hs
    libraries/base/System CPUTime.hsc Directory.hs Time.hsc
    libraries/base/System/Posix Types.hs
    libraries/base/include CTypes.h
  Log:
  Changes related to arithmetic types:

  * Renamed macros NUMERIC_FOO to ARITHMETIC_FOO to match C99-speak

  * ARITHMETIC_TYPEs now have a Real instance, otherwise they are quite useless.
    Note that this differs from the FFI spec, but the spec should very probably
    changed in this respect.

  * Some changes to fix the wrong assumption that CTime/CClock are integral types,
    C99 in fact guarantees only that they are arithmetic types. This has been
    accomplished by using

       realToInteger = round . realToFrac :: Real a => a -> Integer

    instead of fromIntegral for CTime/CClock. I'm not sure if we could do better,
    going via Double seems to be overkill, but I couldn't think of a better way.
    GHC could e.g. use RULES here. Improvements welcome.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.22      +2 -2      fptools/libraries/base/Foreign/C/Types.hs
  1.15      +5 -4      fptools/libraries/base/System/CPUTime.hsc
  1.25      +2 -1      fptools/libraries/base/System/Directory.hs
  1.26      +7 -4      fptools/libraries/base/System/Time.hsc
  1.14      +3 -3      fptools/libraries/base/System/Posix/Types.hs
  1.8       +12 -13    fptools/libraries/base/include/CTypes.h