Monique Louise wrote:
Hi, Daan,

Note that "under the hood"
even .NET and Java use different names for each method ("renaming") to
distinguish them.

 perhaps the virtual machine or the JIT compiler use different names
to resolve overloads, but the code in .NET MSIL, for example, uses the
same name.

Ah yes, but that is because the .NET system still maintains types, ie.
the JIT resolves them in the end. So, if you want to call a .NET overloaded
function, you also need to pass the types of the arguments (which is just
as complicated as "renaming"). I guess that from the Haskell side, you
still need to have unique names for each overloaded version and use the
class system to resolve them. Maybe you can do with a single version where
you pass the types of the arguments too? Maybe with Dynamic of Equality
data types from [1]?

All the best,
-- Daan

[1] Arthur Baars and Doaitse Swierstra, "Typing Dynamic Typing"

I don't know of any other solution , but you may want to read
Andre Pang's master thesis (under supervision of Manuel Chackravarty)
that might have some content about this.

Do you know where I can find that thesis ?

Thanks,

Monique Louise B.Monteiro
Msc Student in Computer Science
Center of Informatics