On 26.08.2014 16:50, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
On 8/26/2014 3:47 PM, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
We can't use the defacto DSP testing image because it is not *FREE* enough
for Debian? It is utterly asinine to remove it because Debian doesn't want
to distribute Lena with source deb. They can remove it themselves.

You could still use it, just like all the other samples which need to be
downloaded with 'make fate-rsync'.
Why do you think it necessary to ship this sample in the FFmpeg source
tarball, while all others aren't there, already.

As for the Debian build daemon, it has no internet access anyway, and a
asynth and vsynth only run is of dubious value.

It is quite useful, e.g. it detected that gcc-4.9 broke FFmpeg's flac
support [1].

These two conflict. Either we distribute it with the tarball, or Debian's
build daemon doesn't run the tests.

All the other tests that don't need lena.pnm still can be run, e.g. the acodec-flac test, which is quite useful.

Best regards,
Andreas