On 20.11.2014, at 09:48, Jesse Jiang <jessejiang0...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi Reimar,
> Because of Windows RT cannot use CryptographicBuffer or _beginthreadex API,
> so I try to use rand() instead of it, or we need to write own function
> instead of it. If we use WinRT api to instead of these apis, it will cause
> more bugs.

Microsoft says explicitly that you should use _beginthreadex, so if WinRT
doesn't have it or a useable alternative you'll have to disable threading or
risk random crashes:

A thread in an executable that calls the C run-time library (CRT) should use
the _beginthreadex and_endthreadex functions for thread management rather than
CreateThread and ExitThread; this requires the use of the multithreaded version
of the CRT. If a thread created using CreateThread calls the CRT, the CRT may
terminate the process in low-memory conditions.

(note, this does not even mention the potential memleaks issue. And I don't
know what insanity made them support only the broken function on WinRT. Seems
to be typical Microsoft: when designing something new, only keep the most
broken parts of the old and add whatever breakage you can on top).