Hi,

I've been looking at what the appropriate place and method to read in
the ACLR atom placed in the Avid codecs so that we can automatically
set the color_range.

>From my reading of the code the mov.c code the parse table shunts the
reading of the atom to mov_read_avid(), which in turn calls
mov_read_extradata() which leaves the data in the codec extradata
buffer.

The issue would be at which point is the preferred point to look into
that buffer and set the colour_range, should it be done in the
specific codec's file in libavcodec (I'm only interested in DNxHD but
I assume the other Avid codecs might need it), or because of this
duplication should the change be made in libavformat/mov.c somewhere
like mov_read_avid() in a similar way to the mov_read_ares()
functions?

Thanks

Kevin