On 20.05.2020 14:31, Nicolas George wrote:
Anton Khirnov (12020-05-20):
You said it: "from the user". The user chose it. The documentation says
"this demuxer user OpenGL, don't use it if applications are not ready
for it", the user chose to use it.

That means we are now forcing all the application to be aware that
certain demuxers are "special" in certain ways. That is a recipe for
bugs. I do not think we should have any special demuxers or muxers.

Absolutely not. Please read more carefully what I wrote. There is no
need to have anything special in the application. The only need is to
trust the user to read the documentation.

An idea that came up in IRC: Add a new OpenGL-Feature-Flag, and require an explicit library user opt-in for those filters/demuxers to work, to avoid any accidents and make sure any user of them is aware of what they're getting into. Also avoids any user-provideable FFmpeg arguments from messing up the hosting application (for example in the context of OBS).