On 16-08-2020 09:57 pm, Nicolas George wrote:
Marton Balint (12020-08-16):
Can we find a shorter name for the option? E.g. simply call the option
auto_conversion_filters and the user can use -noauto_conversion_filters to
disable it... In the next patch with the current name you have
-nodisable_auto_coversion_filters which is really ugly IMHO.
As I explained there:

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2020-August/267954.html

the very long name is on purpose, it is meant to express this option is
only for rare technical use. I would prefer to stick with it if that is
fine with the others.

Then make it a bit cryptic rather than verbose. e.g. an abbreviation.

Gyan