Hi Paul,

sorry, forgot to reply to this...

On 2020-08-15 12:55 +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 8/15/20, Alexander Strasser <eclip...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> You wrote one just in this email, calling an ask for a better commit
> >> message and
> >> actual benchmarks "bad remarks", and previous wrote "You are not being
> >> helpful at all.".
> >>
> >> See also above: "If you are not assembly developer and are not willing to
> >> test patches better to
> >> stay away from this thread."
> >>
> >> Frankly, it's disgusting that this community prefers to silently ignore
> >> your (and others,
> >> but lately, mostly your) abusive and unfriendly conduct.
> >
> > I have just read this thread.
> >
> > Derek's initial comment was clearly valid I would say:
> >
> >     I would expect any SIMD patch to include benchmarks showing it
> >     is actually faster.
>
> I "insulted" Derek only after he called me troll.

This is besides the point of my message. This is part of the back
and forth I mentioned below.

> > IMHO what followed was way too much back and forth and not really
> > nice at all. IMHO this kind of conversations are not for the good
> > of the community and probably neither for the individuals having
> > the conversation.

My point is, you had the opportunity to not let it happen, by
replying in the ways I described right here:

> > So a better reply to Derek's concern would have been:
> >
> >     Here are my (preliminary) benchmarks on my not so
> >     representative CPU.
> >
> > or
> >
> >     I will add benchmarks later and publish them before pushing.
> >

> > Not really related to this in general is the reproducibility of
> > the benchmarks. That could be improved I think, but having some
> > benchmarks included is rather a must have and better than having
> > none.

Please consider similar answers next time. It's usually not a good
idea to give a quick and short answer that leaves much to be assumed.
Try to make sure you are polite and you advance on the topic raised.

Best regards,
  Alexander