On 1/19/2021 4:04 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
Anton Khirnov (12021-01-19):
(Note that I would argue against adding more general display output
devices which are already present, like fb and xv, because they are
of essentially no value to libavdevice users.  Removing legacy code
is harder, though.)

+1

IMO libavdevice output devices are worse than useless and should all be
removed. Libavformat API is barely passable for input, but it really is
NOT something you should use to drive outputs.

I use libavdevice in my projects, and these output devices have a lot of
value to me.

With this kind of user-hostile attitude where you disregard everybody's
use case except those you deem valuable, you almost killed the project
once. It was ten years ago, time to try again?

This entire paragraph was absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for as a reply to a personal opinion. The first one alone was more than enough to let him and Mark know output devices have active users.