在 2021/7/22 下午9:02, yinshiyou...@loongson.cn 写道:

> No that's not true, Loongson-MMI had upstream toolchain support for
> Loongson-3A since 2019, which is binutils-2.32 and GCC-9.
>
> And these instruction naming (and or xor) is available since 2008 for
> Loongson-2F.

I mean the upstream compiler not support ’pxor‘ yet, not mean MMI.
upstream gcc supports 'xor' for 2F and 3A is true, user can use it with old
version ffmpeg?
According to the latest instruction mannual, we should use 'pxor' but not 'xor'
which is used fir general register.
It's better add support to the upstream compiler.

Oh I see, thanks for clarification.

> > 3) If you are using on other mips platform which MMI is unsupported,
and MMI havn't disabled automaticlly.
> >   we will fix it soon.
>
> MMI should be enable for generic MIPS platform as they intend to run on
> Loongson as well.
>

> > 4) on the safe side, I suggest to add pxor instruction check in
configure check.

> Or ifdef for clang only?
>
> Thanks.

I think it's better to add support for upstream compiler.
To avoid compiler error, we can upload a patch to check 'pxor' in configure
first.

Yeah that seems better for now :-)

Thanks.

- Jiaxun