On 24.12.2021 15:47, lance.lmw...@gmail.com wrote:

You can tested with libx264 output file, the size of unregistered SEIs(for
encoding
setting) will > 503 always, if you don't make the size <= 503, you'll see below
error by trace_eaders filter.
Invalid SEI message: payload_size too large (xxx 504 bytes).

Note,  libavcodec/cbs_sei_syntax_template.c line 262, I print out "get_bits_left(rw)
/ 8".

I think the buffer size is OK, but nvenc sdk truncate the data after encoding.

What exactly are you referring to by nvenc sdk? Are you looking at some Nvidia sample that does this truncating? Cause if I try this with ffmpeg right now, encoding straight up fails if a too large SEI segment is attached, since nvenc runs out of space in the output buffer.