On Wed, 22 Dec 2021, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux wrote:

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 4:38 AM Tomas Härdin <tjop...@acc.umu.se> wrote:

tis 2021-12-21 klockan 21:24 +0100 skrev Marton Balint:

> It is not matter of performance, we should not introduce a hack such
> as
> reordering PCM channels in a demuxer if there is a better solution on
> the
> horizon.

Yes, it feels like channel reordering should be a framework-level
feature and not a per-demuxer feature.

What about a roadmap where the channel-reordering-in-MXF patch is
scheduled to be merged after some reasonable time (1 month?) if the
channel API has not landed by then? This would allow contributors and
users to plan ahead.

I am not sure, if 1 month is enough for things to settle.

Anyway, I have sent a patch which has MCA info but without reordering. We could merge that now, and later, when the API is in place, add support for non-native channel ordering.

Regards,
Marton