Hi all,

As there is ongoing work on the FFV1 specification in support of a
standardization process via the IETF, Ashley Blewer and I (as part of the
PreForma project [1]) have drafted a translation of the current FFV1
specification which is formatted in lyx [2] to markdown. Such a transition was
discussed on the listserv before [3] (and recently offlist with Michael
Niedermayer) in order in order to make contributions and participation with the
development of the specification more accessible.

The conversion to markdown is not yet complete but we would appreciate
feedback, advice, or contributions to the translation. I propose that the
intent of the conversion focus on changing from a lyx basis to a markdown one
(with exact semantic meaning) and that discussion on semantic changes to the
specification be in a separate or following discussion. We've found that the
challenges of converting from lyx to markdown include management of
internal-linking, handling header-less tables, and the inclusion of math, but
have draft solutions to these issues in place in the current markdown draft.

Since a patch would simply be the replacement of nearly every line from the lyx
to markdown conversion, I'm attaching the markdown itself for review. This file
comes from from a branch of MediaArea's fork of the FFV1 specification, which
can be found here: https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/tree/markdown
<https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/tree/markdown>. HTML [4] and PDF renderings
of the markdown may be reviewed here:
https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/tree/markdown/derivatives
<https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/tree/markdown/derivatives>. Please note that
while the HTML [4] presents the math properly in Safari and Firefox, in present
form the HTML version is not presenting correctly in Chrome (lack of MathML
support). The conversion process from markdown to html and pdf is specified
here:
https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/blob/markdown/derivatives/create_derivatives.sh

<https://github.com/MediaArea/FFV1/blob/markdown/derivatives/create_derivatives.sh>.

Best Regards,