Am 12.11.22 um 23:09 schrieb Ronald S. Bultje:
Hi,

On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 1:57 PM Nomis101 <nomis...@web.de> wrote:

Hi.If building FFmpeg, configure does set a value for mstack-alignment,
for example on macOS
-mstack-alignment=16. On HandBrake we found there is an issue with current
Clang in Xcode about
conflicting 'override-stack-alignment' values if we build with ThinLTO.

"ld: linking module flags 'override-stack-alignment': IDs have conflicting
values"

I found out why this is. x264 does set -mstack-alignment=64 in configure,
FFmpeg does set
-mstack-alignment=16 and this seems to be a conflict when linking. If I
modify both configure files
and remove the mstack-alignment part, then the build does finish with no
error.

And here comes my questions. I was wondering, about the technical reason
why FFmpeg does set
mstack-alignment? And if it would be safe to disable it in case FFmpeg is
compiled with ThinLTO (for
HandBrake)?

It can safely be set to the higher of the two values, it has the same
meaning. Alignment of 64 implies alignment of 16.
Thanks. I found out, that its enough to disable the mstack-alignment part for
x264 in case of
ThinLTO. This will also fix the error.

Ronald