On 1/27/2023 3:04 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
Quoting Marton Balint (2023-01-27 18:59:39)

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023, Anton Khirnov wrote:

I still think we should do a deprecation+replacement like we do for
everything else.

You mean you want to introduce a new 64 bit member and deprecate the old
32 bit field?

E.g.

int64_t frame_num;

attribute_deprcated
int frame_number

And during the transition you want to sync the value between the 64bit and
the 32bit ?

yes

We did make changes like int -> size_t without adding new fields in places like AVBufferRef. See 14040a1d91.
It does however probably need an FF_API_ dance, much like in that example.