On 4/25/2023 2:11 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
Hi.

I finally have some tome to go at this again.

Totalizing this thread, the previous discussions and the few private
mails I received, I conclude there is significant more support than
opposition to AVWriter, so I am moving forward with polishing and
pushing the implementation.

(To avoid antagonizing people, and because I knew a new job would mean
little time to work on it soon, I refrained from pushing the header, but
consider it done anyway: the fact that the implementation of AVWriter is
not present in FFmpeg is now a bug that needs to be fixed.)

Regards,

I support the addition of a new better API as a replacement for AVBprint, as long as you take into account the suggestions made by people and their requests for exemplifications of its usage and usefulness. This also means potential changes to the header. And please, do not ignore or dismiss any of them. No one is out to block your work for the sake of it.