On 14.09.2023 20:59, Kyle Swanson wrote:
Problem was slightly different, there is no `libvmaf_cuda`, just
`libvmaf` built with the cuda apis optionally enabled. `./configure`
is fixed now and I've tested all the possible combinations, updated
patch attached.

This looks more complicated than necessary to me.

My idea would have been to change, in the previous original patch,

> libvmaf_cuda_filter_deps="libvmaf ffnvcodec"

> libvmaf_cuda_filter_deps="libvmaf libvmaf_cuda ffnvcodec"

And the pkg_config check would then enable/disable libvmaf_cuda:

enabled libvmaf_cuda      && require_pkg_config libvmaf_cuda "libvmaf >= 2.0.0"
libvmaf_cuda.h vmaf_cuda_state_init

One unrelated thing I just thought of:

The macro you'll want to check in the filter itself isn't CONFIG_LIBVMAF_CUDA, but CONFIG_LIBVMAF_CUDA_FILTER. Since it's in theory possible for someone to do the slightly silly thing of doing --enable-vmaf-cuda but then manually disabling the filter.

Likewise it's possible for someone to ONLY build the libvmaf_cuda filter, and disable the non-cuda variant.

So its "const AVFilter ..." part, and everything only used by it, should be wrapped in #if CONFIG_LIBVMAF_FILTER