On 15/10/2023 04:59, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

On date Sunday 2023-10-15 03:09:14 +0200, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:

Isn't a change like that practically an ABI break, and thus would need to
happen on a major bump?
Yes, but in practice we are not tracking changes in the XML format,
and major bumps are more related to ABI changes rather than to
application level functionality, and probably there are not so many
users using the XML format anyway.

I'm processing XML-formatted output of ffprobe in some of my applications, including tags but not side_data.From my side it feels ok to update these elements with a minor bump only.

Regards, Tobias