Am 14.11.23 um 10:28 schrieb Tomas Härdin:
lör 2023-11-11 klockan 10:42 +0100 skrev Jean-Baptiste Kempf:

You have been told, now, several times, that a list of email is a
collection of Private Information,  according to a GDPR and that you
are a process of this PI, and therefore liable to the law.

Everyone with a copy of the git repository already has this
information, and it has been willingly given by all contributors. Is
further processing of already extant PI really not permissible
according to the GDPR? Do we have to seek permission from all
contributors to publish our git repositories containing PI that they
have already given implicit permission to publish?

+1 that it is no problem to reshare public information.
A problem would arise if we connect this information with other information -
new unknown information or an unknown link between the two.

That said, this part strikes me as far more relevant wrt the GDPR:

I patched the voting system to log all authorized voters in the
future to prevent this situation in the future.

The logfile before:

Sun Nov  5 11:04:32 2023 127.0.0.1 Sending mail to a voter for poll
E_af2d343f39602862
Sun Nov  5 11:04:32 2023 127.0.0.1 Sending mail to a voter for poll
E_af2d343f39602862

The logfile afterwards:

Sun Nov  5 11:04:32 2023 127.0.0.1 Sending mail to a voter for poll
E_af2d343f39602862 someth...@somewhere.com
Sun Nov  5 11:04:32 2023 127.0.0.1 Sending mail to a voter for poll
E_af2d343f39602862 somethinge...@somewhereelse.com

The other outputs are unchanged.
This does not break any privacy about the ballots - it is still unknown what
ballots voted if at all neither what that ballot eventually voted for.
This only adds the information which mail addresses are connected to the poll
ID E_* (in other words, who was an authorized voter).

-Thilo