On 1/4/2024 10:57 AM, Nuo Mi wrote:
On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 8:07 PM Martin Storsjö <mar...@martin.st> wrote:

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024, Nuo Mi wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 2:38 AM Michael Niedermayer <
mich...@niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

On Tue, Jan 02, 2024 at 05:47:53PM +0800, Nuo Mi wrote:
[...]
maintainer, and any HEVC code change requires a very long review time.

I think changes that just move code around or rename functions would be
quickly reviewed
I dont know if things are 1:1 identical or some complex changes are
needed

I think if things are 1:1 identical it can be done now otherwise it may
be
better to do after the initial merge

Agree,

Taking   https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/list/?series=10404
as
an example,
The following items are worth discussing, though they won't impact the
functionality:
1. Can we use "XVC" as a common name for HEVC and VVC, or should we use
"h2656" instead of "XVC"?

The name "xvc" is potentially confusing - there is another video codec
with the name xvc as well - see https://xvc.io.

Yes, it's been dead for 4 years :). https://github.com/divideon/xvc
Not sure if the new codec will be named as xvc or not.
h2656 is safer but ugly

How about h26x? h264 also shares some code with hevc and vvc, like the NALu splitting code.