On 1/26/2024 1:17 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
Quoting James Almer (2024-01-26 17:09:32)
On 1/26/2024 9:17 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
Quoting Lynne (2024-01-26 13:11:33)
Jan 26, 2024, 11:40 by an...@khirnov.net:

---
   libavcodec/Makefile                           | 49 +---------------
   libavcodec/bsf/Makefile                       | 56 +++++++++++++++++++

Is that the general direction we want to take?
I don't mind it, but I'm wondering if I should do this for what I care about?

I'd say yes for things with >~ 10 files. libavcodec/ got way too large.

Is your idea something like..

libavcodec/bsf
libavcodec/common
libavcodec/decoder
libavcodec/encoder
libavcodec/parser

And then subfolders within those for big modules like h264, hevc, vvc,
mpeg2, vp9, etc?

No, that strikes me as overkill. A subdir for bsfs, a subdir for every
codec/group of codecs/subsystem.

I don't think it's overkill. It separates modules per type, so it's easy to find a parser that right now is mixed between all the decoder related files.

And like Andreas mentioned, the arch subfolders need to be considered
for this.

Why?

I mean, where do you want them? inside the decoder/encoder subfolders (thus splitting them), or outside as they are right now?