On 17.05.24 16:43, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 9:50 AM Michael Niedermayer <mich...@niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

* Fund professional real live presence on multimedia / FOSS / buisness
related
   events. we already refund individuals but i think we are lacking on the
organizational
   side. We should also have on these events at least one person who can
awnser developer/user
   questions and someone who can awnser buisness questions (on buisness
related events).

Maybe not 100% the same thing, but ... As you say, there's several of us
(including me) that attend some of these events. In addition to sponsoring
more people to go, I'd be very excited to wear FFmpeg gear and at least
make the FFmpeg brand more visible. (Right now I wear videolan gear at most
events.) Make some nice-looking hoodies etc. that we'd like to wear and
find an efficient way to distribute them.

We have FFmpeg designs for T-Shirts and Hoodies.
From the last badge we ordered there are still plenty of T-Shirts.

I'd sent around a large badge vial mail all over the world some years ago and if there is enough demand I could do that again.

Also I could bring stuff to FOSDEM or other cons for distribution if I'd know the demand from developers. We had occasionally some stuff with us to give away to users. However this is not very practical for anything where we'd need to hop into a plane for due to weight & space restrictions. Always having some swag to give away would produce costs for us.

-Thilo