Le maanantaina 20. toukokuuta 2024, 21.39.18 EEST Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-
devel a écrit :
> The same way using FDK-AAC as a decoder works, if you want to use it as the
> *AAC decoder you have to specify the decoder with -c:a libfdk_aac before
> the input.-

AFAIK, we don't have hwaccel for audio codecs. That sentence makes zero sense.

And again, you can't expect users to select decoders manually. If vvdec is the
default, hwaccel won't work. If vvdec is not the default, then it's dead code.

> Where is the "requiring" part coming in? I'm saying that manual decoder
> selection is an option in the ffmpeg CLI, and can be used to select an
> alternate decoder if the default one is not sufficient for some reason.

So most people use libavcodec through higher-level frameworks or applications,
not the CLI tool, and that is especially true for playback. If that's the
super-niche use-case for vvdec, then I agree with Kieran that it's just bloat.

> > To the contrary, gstreamer, mpv, VLC et al. are better equipped to handle
> > this, starting with a proper plugin architecture.
>

> Better equipped to handle what?

To handle multiple implementations of decoding for a given codec, and not
force them as installation and load-time dependencies.

--
レミ・デニ-クールモン
http://www.remlab.net/