Michael Henrik Bodenhoff via ffmpeg-devel:
> Hi Andrey ,
>
> "when the decoder is set up to ignore B frames"
>
> How do you do that ? 😲
>
> We must have missed something while we tried using FFmpeg, because we
> couldn't find a way of telling the decoder to ignore B frames, we actually
> got so desperate that we considered if it was possible to modify the incoming
> encoded stream to make FFmpeg believe that the stream doesn't contain B
> frames ☹

There is AVCodecContext.skip_frame; some decoders (not all, but e.g.
H.264) will skip frames based upon this value. But it does not affect
the decoder delay.
(There is also AV_CODEC_FLAG_LOW_DELAY, but this is honored by even less
decoders (only some old ones).)

- Andreas