On Sat, Jul 06, 2024 at 11:37:19AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2024-07-02 10:08:37 +0100, Andrew Sayers wrote:
[...]
> While I agree with Anton that we should avoid duplication, for the
> usual arguments that a reference should avoid duplication of content
> as much as possible, which inevitably leads to inconsistent content
> when it is updated partially, leading to inconsistent information.

I think we're mostly just bikeshedding about how to balance discoverability
with duplication, but feel obliged to point out a third option.  Our Doxygen
config has MACRO_EXPANSION enabled both in the repo and on the site,
so we can use macros to avoid duplicating documentation:

    #define BOILERPLATE \
      /** Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit */

    /**
     * @brief Main function
     *
     */
    BOILERPLATE
    int main() {}

I think that's too weird a hack, but happy to propose a patch if you disagree.