On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 02:36:15PM +0200, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 9:55 PM Michael Niedermayer <mich...@niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jul 13, 2024 at 11:12:40PM +0200, Kacper Michajlow wrote:

> > libz.so
> > they
> > tested.

> > https://google.github.io/oss-fuzz/getting-started/new-project-guide/#sanitizers

> > > I've sent a PR to enable MSAN and a few other build improvements.
> > > Please take a look https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/pull/12211
> > >

> > > Also, would it be ok to add myself to auto_ccs for ffmpeg? Mostly to
> > > monitor what issues are reported upstream, as we get some reports in
> > > mpv fuzzing and I never know if I should report it upstream (ffmpeg)
> > > or it is already found by first-party fuzzing and I shouldn't make
> > > more noise.
> >
> > you are welcome to submit bug reports, you are welcome to submit bug fixes
> > if you find issues in FFmpeg.
> >
> > If someones work in FFmpeg or rather FFmpeg benefits from someone having
> > access to the reports, then (s)he should receive access. This seems not
> > to apply here
> >

> Disagree - this is not the right way to attract new contributors.

no ?
did you do a study ?

try this:
A. "please we need more maintainers" (we tried this i think)
B. gently push someone away
    (now people are angry, they want their rights, their access, they want to
     contribute ...)
    ;)

> Also i expect the number of outstanding ossfuzz issues to decrease now
> > after the bulk of coverity issues has been dealt with
> >

> The majority of coverity issues are false positives, I fail to see the
> relationship here.

I do both coverity and ossfuzz work, and while i have done significantly more
in the last months than i did last year, i still have falling a bit behind with
ossfuzz fixing.

thx

[...]

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact