Le tiistaina 16. heinäkuuta 2024, 19.57.07 EEST Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> > Quoting Micheal here, but "where did you discuss the creation of this
> > Booth with the FFmpeg community?"
>
> Given that its not September the 13th yet, and this thread is a discussion,
> iam not sure the quote is fitting.

Well, you may be right but for the wrong reasons here.

8 weeks may seem like a lot, but accomodation prices in Amsterdam are already
through the proverbial roof, and it will only get worse, so it is not too
early to send the confirmation to the mailing list. Though presumably the
confirmation of the booth only just came up.

More to the point: While it was not so much a discussion as a statement, Thilo
did notify the mailing list earlier that he was getting an FFmpeg booth a few
weeks ago.

Having said that, consultants and commercial support vendors could want to
pitch their FFmpeg support services there, much like (for example) Collabora
or VideoLabs. I am concerned however that there will not be much benefit from
the presence of an open-source project or not-for-profit foundation.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/