Hello Anton,

can you eloborate on that? What is unacceptable with my patch that is
perfectly fine in the AviSynth input module? It's the very same concept.

can distribute ffmpeg binaries without forcing the user to install
VapourSynth (which requires the user to install Python).

VapourSynth is not just a library like x264 that you can link in
statically if you like, VapourSynth is a frame server (like AviSynth)
with it's own dependencies.
If you worry about platforms that do not support loading libraries at
runtime: VapourSynth is based on plugins that are loaded on runtime, so
it won't work on those platforms anyway.

Best regards
Stefan