On 23/07/2024 01:01, Josh Allmann wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jul 2024 at 12:06, Josh Allmann <joshua.allm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Encoders may emit a buffering period SEI without a corresponding
SPS/PPS if the SPS/PPS is carried out-of-band, eg with avcc.

During Annex B conversion, this may result in the SPS/PPS being
inserted *after* the buffering period SEI but before the IDR NAL.

Since the buffering period SEI references the SPS, the SPS/PPS
needs to come first.
---

Notes:
     v2: Updated FATE test refs

  libavcodec/bsf/h264_mp4toannexb.c          | 13 +++++++++++++
  tests/ref/fate/h264-bsf-mp4toannexb        |  2 +-
  tests/ref/fate/h264_mp4toannexb_ticket2991 | 18 +++++++++---------
  tests/ref/fate/segment-mp4-to-ts           | 12 ++++++------

Ping again for review. Looking at the FATE output, this patch fixes a number
of things - see [1] for details

patch generally looks good to me, but I'm not closely familiar with the code there.