On Wed, 10 Jul 2024, Zhao Zhili wrote:

On Jun 12, 2024, at 21:42, Matthieu Bouron <matthieu.bou...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

This patchset adds Mediacodec audio decoders support. Currently, only AAC, AMR,
MP3, FLAC, VORBIS and OPUS are supported.

This is mainly useful to avoid shipping Android builds of FFmpeg that are
subjects to licensing/patents (due to AAC and AMR).

I’m not keen on put OS audio decoder/encoder wrapper into FFmpeg. They don’t bring new features, they don’t improve performance. I know these type of wrapper exist in current project, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to add more.

I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't add much extra code, we already have MediaCodec interfacing in place, it allows users to set up whichever configuration they want. We have this for other OS codec interfaces as well, I don't see a problem with adding this one as well - no need for the further arguments about security and sandboxes.

// Martin