You're correct that I'm primarily interested in uncompressed data and not
raw bayer sensor data. However, it seems like the  "-c:v rawvideo"  option
is the convention in other formats to generate uncompressed video data. I'm
just trying to follow the pattern and reuse what is already there. If there
is a better option, then please suggest one.

If ISO/IEC 23001-17:2024 requires its own .c file, then perhaps that
filename should use the term "uncompressed" instead of "raw". For example,
mpeg_unc_enc.c