On 02/13/2016 12:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 11:44:04AM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/13/2016 11:40 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/13/2016 11:39 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
On 2/13/16, Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> wrote:
On 02/13/2016 11:28 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
Once again, how are we supposed to know how many colors the palette
consists of at the end of avpkt->data?

palette size = packet size - width*height

Nope. You have to take the stride in account as well, not just the
width
and height, and it varies in nut, depending on whether you use "-vcodec
copy" or "-vcodec rawvideo".

Mats

And you'll have to calculate the stride by subtracting the palette size
>from the packet size, then divide by the height.

Nope, pixels outside of width x height are ignored.

I need the stride for the alignment to 16 bytes. It's not done for fun.

Mats

And pixels outside of the width are still in the packet, that's
what's called the stride.

just double checked, this is not the case in written pal8 nut files
nor does the nut spec say anything about that.

Then check an odd-width nut file like the one below. And FFmpeg doesn't care about specs when using "-vcodec copy". The stride will be the one of the original data, whether it's 2, 4 or some other amount of bytes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3_pEBoLs0fadkJqREhtOU5lT1E

Mats