On 02/16/2016 03:34 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
And what about the monowhite switching code?

Did you forget that one??

no, that patch is left for others to decide, my oppinion is that the
muxer bug must be fixed first to prevent the generation of invalid
files. I wanted to look into it as you dont look into it but i dont
have time now

Please be patient, also its not going to be done sooner by asked 10
times a day privately and on the ML

wm4 has already agreed on its redundant character. And as I have stated thousands of times, monow/monob shouldn't be used for palettized data. Just because a 1 bpp raw AVI file lacks a palette, it doesn't suddenly become monochrome. monow/monob is suitable for file formats with explicit black & white modes, like nut, TIFF and PNG. The BMP code does the right thing, it uses pal8 exclusively for 1 bpp.

Regarding "generation of invalid files", the only valid files FFmpeg will currently generate when using rawvideo is nut, regardless of using pal8 for 1 bpp raw AVI or not. The stride is incorrect for AVI and QuickTime files created with "-vcodec rawvideo", regardless of bit depth.

Mats