On 02/19/2016 02:05 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/18/2016 11:07 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/18/2016 11:04 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:40:42PM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/18/2016 10:27 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/18/2016 09:14 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
This can be made more efficient, but first and the main goal of this
change is to
store it at all
Great, Michael. I'll try it out.

Mats

I notice that the palette inclusion is only made by using 'xxpc'
chunks in the video data so far. I'm not so sure if these in-data
palette changing chunks are widely supported. Therefore, first and
foremost, and the most widely supported way in my book, is to add an
"initial" palette after the BITMAPINFOHEADER in the strf chunk.
That's where I found it to be a bit tricky, but I'm sure you can
solve it in some way.

its quite easy to implement if you want to try
just leave some space where the palette should go whe writing the
headers and keep track of the location, then when the first
packet comes in take its palette and store it there

I could try, yes. But not tonight, I'm a bit tired :) I'll look into it,
perhaps I can make it.

Mats

Will you apply your latest xxpc writing patches to the repository,
Michael? I noticed you haven't done it yet.

Mats

The stuff with CONTAINS_PAL etc.