On 02/28/2016 12:22 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 09:24:14PM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/27/2016 09:21 PM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/27/2016 08:42 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
Well, then we know I can only blame Mats for "only" making it
better instead of perfect :)

Well, before my patches, there was no palette inclusion whatsoever in
AVI or QuickTime on muxing. Anyway, you're right about the stream
copying not working. Just tried it here. Another issue to take care
of... phew.

Solving the stream copying issues obviously requires using side data packets
in the muxers, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, that is one option.

It's obviously the only option considering the current state of FFmpeg. Then again, I don't see the point with stream copying raw palettized data, since the strides are different between the file formats. Although I agree that the palette transfer should work. It's up to the user to determine if what he/she is doing is sensible when using stream copy for raw palettized data. It's already stated in the FFmpeg documentation that stream copy can be problematic.