On Sun, 9 Jul 2017, Paul B Mahol wrote:

On 7/9/17, Marton Balint <c...@passwd.hu> wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017, Paul B Mahol wrote:

On 7/9/17, Marton Balint <c...@passwd.hu> wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017, Nicolas George wrote:

Le sextidi 6 messidor, an CCXXV, Paul B Mahol a ecrit :
The reverted commit breaks lot of filters and I failed to find fix,
the only logical solution

It breaks a corner-case option of, indeed a lot of, filters. I have not
yet been able to track down the exact cause of the problem, I still have
all this in my work tree.

The revert itself broke a rather simple buffersrc->buffersink case as
well:

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i "testsrc[out0];sine[out1]" -bsf:a noise=dropamount=1
out.avi

ffmpeg is now consuming all memory, it seems video frames are stuck in
the
filter graph forever.

(the dropamount parameter to the noise bitstream filter was just
committed
to be able to drop all packets of a stream)

I believe you are referring to another commit which also needs to be
reverted.

No, definitely this one (04aa09c4bcf2d5a634a35da3a3ae3fc1abe30ef8). The
input frames are arriving just fine, so ffmpeg can initialize the
filtergraph, but only one video frame comes out of the filtergraph, the
others are stuck there forever.

Nope. Without that revert bunch of filters are simply broken.

I am not saying they aren't, I'm just showing a case where your revert is breaking another case which was working before. Nicolas also stated there can be cases where the old code (before the revert) worked better. I just hope that I found a simple enough case, so somebody can take a look and find the root cause.

Regards,
Marton