On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 at 23:06 Michael Niedermayer <mich...@niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 01:54:28PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > >
> > > I actually would request a short note explaining the SUINTFLOAT type
> usage.
> > > Something like:
> > > +typedef unsigned            SUINTFLOAT; // Equivalent to INTFLOAT,
> > > Used as temporal cast to avoid undefined sign overflow operations.
> > >
> > > Maybe add such note to all "signed value in unsigned type" typedefs.
> > >

> > Needs to be in main documentation because nobody is going to understand
> > this in 50 years time when mailing lists have bitrotted.
>
> ill post a patch that adds this as a doxygen comment in the patch,
> that way it should be in the doxygen documentation
>
> if you meant it to be put some other place clarify where

I mean full documentation of the thought process behind all these changes
in doc/.
Just like James spent weeks trying to fix the undocumented IDCTs from 15
years ago, someone will probably end up struggling to understand this SUINT
stuff in 20 years time.

> --
> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>
> Modern terrorism, a quick summary: Need oil, start war with country that
> has oil, kill hundread thousand in war. Let country fall into chaos,
> be surprised about raise of fundamantalists. Drop more bombs, kill more
> people, be surprised about them taking revenge and drop even more bombs
> and strip your own citizens of their rights and freedoms. to be continued

What relevance do your political views have on this mailing list about
FFmpeg?

Kieran